Maintenance Manager, Wolcott, Indiana
Who are we?
EggLife Foods is an innovative food company that uses cage-free eggs instead of flour to reimagine carb-heavy foods. The company was created in 2017, motivated by a desire to eat healthier without sacrificing taste. Two years and over 2000 recipes later, EggLife Foods was born. Our debut product, egglife® wraps are made with egg whites and just a few simple ingredients to deliver superior taste, texture and nutrition. They are the perfect wrap™ for consumers looking for a low-carb, high protein alternative to traditional tortillas.
At EggLife Foods we believe that something big can come from simple and humble beginnings. In everything we do, we’re inspired to transform the simple to wow, because we think life tastes a whole lot better that way. Our vision is to be a leading consumer business providing healthy, simple food for everyone. To learn more visit us at www.egglifefoods.com.
As the brand and production is growing, so is our team! EggLife Foods is looking for a Maintenance Manager to join the team, reporting to the Plant Manager. This position will be primarily responsible for managing the maintenance staff and its operations to ensure a result driven, timely, effective, and efficient maintenance operation.
Who are you?
- Results oriented manager with a focus on running an efficient and safe operation.
- A team-oriented individual who partners with other departments to provide superior service for the entire facility.
- Detail oriented with focus on proper documentation and procedures are followed
- Proactive individual who foresee issues before they arise.
Essential job functions
Working with guidance and support from the Plant Manager but with expected autonomy you will:
- Coach, mentor and develop Maintenance staff.
- Improve total uptime performance through managing the preventative/predictive maintenance programs.
- Create, implement and maintain the plant Maintenance and Continuous Improvement plan that supports and deliveries the business plan and priorities.
- Proactively evaluate and lead refinement of overall equipment reliability plans, strategies and equipment performance and effectiveness.
- Manage overall facility maintenance and infrastructure to ensure the most effective use of resources and funding balanced for both short- and long-range plans.
- Champion a proactive, preventative, and predictive driven culture that optimizes cost effective maintenance and reliability for the line / plant
- Support the plant teams in reviewing / developing operating standards, line speeds, outputs, waste, etc., to identify and capitalize on improvement opportunities.
- Develop and prioritize departmental work plans to ensure minimal production downtime and maximum departmental efficiency
- Develop, monitor and ensure that department runs within planned budgets
- Analyze reports on operation methods, processes, and facilities considering current operational needs and future strategic objectives
- Prepare related reports and audit current procedures to monitor efficiency of operations
- Ensure safe working conditions for employees and compliance with all state and federal regulations on environmental, health and safety
- Ensure the maintenance employees follow all the plant Quality, Food Safety, Sanitation programs to ensure compliance to all procedures and policies to ensure compliance to GMP standards, company requirements, regulatory, federal and local laws.
- Ensure the maintenance employees follow all the plant Quality/Food Safety/Sanitation programs by complying to current FDA standards and ensuring all internal procedures, processes are accurate and performing to expectations.
- Ensure proper documentation and appropriate steps are in place for startup, shutdowns, changeovers.
- Ensure proper steps are taken with all construction on site.
- Assist in the identification and delivery of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) through corrective, preventative and continuous improvement activities.
- Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or related field is preferred.
- 10+ years maintenance or project management experience.
- 3+ years of direct supervision responsibilities.
- Experience in a lean, food manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Excellent understanding of predictive and preventative maintenance
- Working knowledge of glycol refrigeration systems, PLC programming (Allen Bradley), and OSHA/Environmental/Wastewater and Process Safety Management regulations is preferred.
- Proven experience leading and developing a high performing team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Must possess the ability to work in multiple environments, indoors, outdoors, office, warehouse, processing and areas varying in temperature.
- Must be willing to lift up to 50 lbs, standing for long periods of time
Apply for this role
At Egglife Foods, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and inclusion. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present military service, physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
Thank you for visiting our Careers page!