Sales Operations Director – Chicago, IL
Who are we?
Egglife Foods is an innovative food company that uses cage-free eggs instead of flour to reimagine carb-heavy foods. The company was created in 2017, motivated by a desire to eat healthier without sacrificing taste. Two years and over 2000 recipes later, Egglife Foods was born. Our debut product, egglife® wraps are made with egg whites and just a few simple ingredients to deliver superior taste, texture and nutrition. They are The Perfect Wrap™ for consumers looking for a low-carb, high protein alternative to traditional tortillas.
Egglife Foods is experiencing tremendous growth and success. 2020 was our first full-year in market and nothing short of amazing including highlights such as:
- Category leader in healthy, refrigerated wraps with 60%+ share of category in Chicagoland launch market
- #1 new dairy item launched in CY20 across myriad of US grocers & #1 new item across all categories in major, national organic and health grocer
- Rocket ship growth from 157 to 2,000 locations in CY20 with commitments to be in 5,000+ by the end of Q1 CY21
- 2020 Gold Stevie Award winner for Best New Product
At Egglife Foods we believe that something big can come from simple and humble beginnings. Our mission is to inspire better living by transforming the future of food through the joyful simplicity and unexpected power of the egg. To learn more visit us at www.egglifefoods.com.
As the brand is growing, so is our team! Egglife Foods is looking for a Sales Operations Director to join the sales team, reporting to the Chief Sales Officer. This position will primarily focus on leading distributor strategy & management efforts, lead sales forecasting efforts, execute sales/commercial analysis initiatives and serve as the critical bridge between Sales & Operations.
Who are you?
- Empowering leader with proven success building and coaching a high performing team
- Highly collaborative within the sales team and across cross functional teams in Marketing, Operations and Strategy
- Naturally curious: asking questions to identify opportunities and challenge status quo
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to analyze data from various sources to recommend strategy, solutions and business plans
- Exceptional communicator: verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong critical thinker and problem solver
- A genuine person who embraces optimism with a personal commitment to health & wellness and is eager to help shape our young company
Essential job functions
Working with guidance and support from the Chief Sales Officer, but with expected autonomy you will:
- Partner with the Chief Sales Officer and other Egglife leaders to define an annual sales forecast as well as a monthly forecasting process that ensures demand is always forecasted as accurately as possible and communicated across the organization appropriately
- Lead analysis across retailer and syndicated data to understand egglife & competitive sales velocities, distribution footprints, pricing & promotion dynamics, and loyalty and shopper basket insights
- Work closely with Egglife operation leaders on a weekly basis to review demand signals and supply capacity and inventory to ensure Egglife supply chain is always well managed
- Define a Distributor Management (DM) strategy that identifies the right type of distribution partners & requisite distributor capabilities to work with, as well as articulates the right DM principles that best balance Egglife cost (and margin) structure and service levels to our retail partners
- Define a discrete set of goals and KPIs to guide the Egglife/Distributor relationships
- Manage distributor partners to achieve the defined goals and KPIs, engaging with all appropriate levels of distributor stakeholders to ensure Egglife priorities are executed properly & consistently against the set goals and KPIs
- Lead analysis across distributor data sources to understand replenishment trends, DC inventory levels, safety stock needs, and retailer launch execution levels
- Manage and track weekly demand signals from the entire sales team (new retailer launches, promotions, sampling) to be perfectly aligned with distributor and customer inventory levels avoiding out of stock issues
- Coordinate the setup of all new Egglife customers (distributors & direct retailers) by supplying all required product information and coordinating the review of all partnership agreements with Legal, Marketing, and Operations as needed
- Facilitate all buyer relationships to manage incoming purchase orders and operational requirements (lead times & MOQs)
- Maintain and track up to date product images and specifications from Operations and Marketing and share with customers and third-party vendors
- Understand route-to-market economics deeply across distributor, retailer and direct-to-consumer approaches and work closely with Egglife leadership to recommend the optimal RTM methods to serve the right retail partners
- Manage shelf life considerations to limit spoilage with customers to 2% or less
- Serve as sales thought partner with operations on all supply/demand dimensions, co-leading a weekly sales & operations planning discussion
- 5+ years sales experience, with 2+ years sales operations experience, preferably within the CPG industry
- 3+ years building and leading a high performing team
- Track record of consistently delivering results
- Experience analyzing sales, retailer, distributor and shopper data
- Creative strategist, exceptional critical thinker and problem solver
- Exceptional communicator: verbal, written and presentation skills
- Comfortable and able to succeed in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
- Proficient in Office 365, especially MS Excel
- Detail-oriented with excellent organization skills
- BS in Marketing, Sales or related field preferred
Egglife Foods is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, or any other basis protected by law.
Apply for this role
At Egglife Foods, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and inclusion. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present military service, physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
Thank you for visiting our Careers page!